The advanced laser hair removal technology we use gives us the flexibility to treat an entire large areas quickly and effectively. Laser hair removal or IPL treatment times depend on the amount of area being treated and the quantity of hair. Our IPL / laser hair removal technology allows us to treat the most sensitive and delicate areas of the body. Most clients see dramatic hair reduction in as little as one to two treatments although 4-6 treatments or more are necessary to achieve the IPL / laser hair removal results most of our clients desire.
Do not allow yourself to be misled. All research and our own experience has shown that 4-6 hair removal treatments is the minimum number of IPL / Laser hair removal treatments necessary. There are a small number of individuals that are able to achieve the same fantastic results in less treatments, but there is little likelihood of being in that small percentage. There are also a number of people who will need 6-12 treatments to achieve those same IPL / laser hair removal results. Any facility that promises otherwise is attempting to mislead and misinform you. We use one of the most advanced systems available on the market made by the original inventors of IPL technology, the Palomar Starlux, in order to insure the best IPL / laser hair removal results for our clients.
There are a large number of factors that determine the results of your IPL / laser hair removal treatments; color of the skin, hormones, age, metabolism, weight and medication. All these factors combine to determine your hairís thickness, resilience, and areas of growth.
Additionally, IPL / laser hair removal technology is only able to destroy hair in the active hair growth cycle phase (Anagen). What does this mean? Simply put, there are three hair growth cycles in which your hair is constantly transitioning through; the dormant phase (catagen), the active or growth phase (Anagen), and the fall-out phase (telogen).
All IPL / laser hair removal technology is only able to treat the Anagen phase, the actively growing hair. This is the reason that several sessions are necessary to achieve the hair removal results you are looking for. Different parts of the body have varying growth cycles, and therefore require being treated at different intervals.
This is why your FREE Body Envy Houston consultation includes a detailed explanation tailored to towards your specific treatments and services. We apply all this information and knowledge and combine it with leading technology in order to give you safe and effective IPL / laser hair removal treatments and achieve your desired laser hair removal results.
Your body deserves the beauty and smoothness of Body Envy Houston IPL / Laser hair removal treatments.
The effectiveness of IPL / laser hair removal is highly dependent on patient cooperation. There are many things a patient can inadvertently do to decrease either the safety or effectiveness of their treatments. It is, therefore, imperative to follow directions by Body Envy Houston.
1. Clients need to be sure they have not had the area they need treated waxed, tweezed, or used any form of depilatory (Nair, etc.) for at least a full four weeks. This is because all IPL and laser technology targets the melanin in your hair. Permanent results are achieved during the active hair growth cycle. Don't be misled! IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and Laser hair removal technology can ONLY treat actively growing hair.
2. Refrain from tanning for four full weeks before receiving IPL / Laser hair removal treatment. This is due to several reasons. In order to effectively treat any area, we must correctly be able to determine your Skin Type. Skin Types are graded from Skin Type 1 (Extremely fair skinned) to Skin Type 6 (Extremely Dark Skinned).
The other reason patients should refrain from tanning for a full four weeks is the interaction between the light waves and your body's melanin. As we mentioned before, the Intense Pulsed Light and Laser hair removal light are absorbed by the melanin in your hair, leading to a deactivation of the hair growth. Melanin is essentially what gives your hair and skin color. If your body has additional melanin, then energy is wasted. The light is absorbed by the melanin in the skin instead of focusing on the hair follicles and possible thermal damage may occur. That is why clients should refrain from tanning at least four weeks before treatments and during the entire course of the treatments.
3. Please shave 24 hours before your IPL / laser hair removal treatments with a one blade razor. Remember that if the hair is too long the energy that is released from the handpiece is absorbed by the hair and potentially never reaches the follicle. Your treatment will not be as effective and this may affect your final results.
4. Do not take ibuprofen or naproxen the day of the IPL / laser hair removal treatment. Tylenol is ok.
5. The day of IPL / laser hair removal treatment, thoroughly wash the area that you would like treated. Do not apply any oils, perfumes or creams of any kind to the area that you will have treated. This includes no deodorant to the underarms if you are having the underarms treated.
6. Refrain from activities that might raise your body temperature the day of your IPL / laser hair removal treatment.
7. Avoid sun exposure 5 to 7 days before and 10 days after each IPL / laser hair removal treatment to reduce the chance of dark or light spots. We recommend you stay out of the sun throughout the process for best results. Use a broad spectrum sunsblock SPF 35 or higher at all times.
1. Immediately after the IPL / laser hair removal treatments, there could be redness and bumps at the treatment area, which may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sun burn for a several hours. Some physicians recommend aloe vera gel or some other after-sunburn treatment such as Desitin. Darker pigmented people may have more discomfort than lighter skin people and may require the aloe vera gel or an antibiotic ointment longer.
2. Makeup may be used after the IPL / laser hair removal treatment, unless there is epidermal blistering. It is recommended to use new makeup to reduce the possibility of infection. Just make sure that you have moisturizer on under your makeup. In fact, moisturize frequently and freely on the treated area. Any moisturizer without alpha-hydroxy acids will work.
3. Avoid sun exposure 5 to 7 days before and 10 days after each IPL / laser hair removal treatment to reduce the chance of dark or light spots. We recommend you stay out of the sun throughout the process for best results. Remember to use a broad spectrum sunsblock SPF 35 or higher at all times.
4. Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. DO NOT USE any other hair removal methods or products on the treated area during the course of your IPL / laser hair removal treatments, as it will prevent you from achieving your best results.
5. You may shower after the IPL / laser hair removal treatment, and use soap, deodorant, etc. The treat area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry and NOT rubbed. Underarm areas that have been treated should be wiped with alcohol for the first 24 hours after treatment. You may apply deodorant after 24 hours. Wait two (2) days before shaving treated areas.
6. Anywhere from 5-30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur and this may appear as new hair growth. This is not new hair growth, but dead hair pushing its way out of the follicle. You can help the hair exfoliate by washing or wiping with a washcloth.
7. Hair re-growth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for at least three weeks after IPL / laser hair removal treatment.
Please note: Stubble, representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle, will appear 5-30 days after the treatment date. This is normal and will fall out quickly.
We use the Starlux, made by Palomar. There are several reasons we have chosen to take on the expense of this system for our clients. The Starlux is proven technology made by the original developers of IPL. IPL, which is an Intense Pulsed Light, delivers specific wavelengths of filtered light clinically proven to de-activate hair follicles in their growth phase. Our IPL / laser hair removal technology is FDA approved to be safe for ALL skin types, even for tanned skin.
The Palomar Starlux has one of the largest treatment heads available. Few other systems can cover a larger surface area of the skin with one quick pulse.
The Palomar Starlux has two cooling systems to maximize the reliability, control and comfort of each treatment.
1. First, a heat absorbing sapphire crystal contacts the skin. The sapphire crystal protects the skin from becoming hot and uncomfortable. The crystal cools the skin before, during, and after the pulse of light.
2. Secondly, the Starlux uses a proprietary system that acts like the radiator of a car to guarantee that the cooling contact area is always comfortable.
50% off on any touch ups for 2 years.
(2 yrs from the last treatment)
Touch ups are for areas already treated by BEH. No refunds. Client can only be eligible for Maintenance Program if they purchase packages of at least 6 for a specific body part. Discount cannot be combined with any other offer. Not valid for previous purchases.